This is My Life List.
What is it?
It’s a list of activities or achievements that I will accomplish before my 40th birthday on October 27th, 2027. Some of them are easy, some are difficult, some will cost a lot of money, some I will hopefully get paid for. They are 100% mine, though.
To give a purpose to my life and to this blog (other than my random quandaries). For the next ten years of my life, they are going to be my driving purpose. For each one that I cross off, I will write a blog post about the experience.
So here it is… My Life List (in no particular order).
- Circumnavigate the globe without flying
- Ride a motorcycle from Argentina to the United States
- Speak French Fluently
- Speak Spanish Fluently
- Speak Russian Fluently
- Speak Chinese Fluently
- Build a Profitable Business
- Write a Novel
- Swim with Great White Sharks
- Learn to Scuba Dive (I’ll def do this BEFORE #8)
- Go Skydiving
- Live in New York City
- Live in Paris
- Live in Istanbul
- Walk the Kumano Kodo Pilgrimage Trail
- Walk the Camino de Santiago again
- Climb a large mountain like Mt. Ranier
- Complete a Marathon
- Attain 6 pack abs
- Take the Trans-Siberian Railway across Russia
- Stay with Nomads in Mongolia
- Win a Judo Competition
- Learn to make Indian curry
- Learn to make authentic Sichuan food
- Become debt free
- Volunteer for a project in Africa
- Donate $1000 (or more) to Doctors Without Borders (my fav charity)
- Give a Toast at a Wedding
- Eat Pho in Vietnam
- Visit the Somme Battleground
- Visit Iran
- Learn to Salsa and compete in 1 competition
Take my Dad to a baseball game Read Romance of the Three Kingdoms
- Learn to Surf
Perform Stand-up Comedy
- Host SNL
- Star in a movie
- See the Grand Canyon
- Host a truly EPIC party
- Quit my job and burn my ties
- Try BDSM
- Go back to Florence and buy my Dad a new leather wallet
- Complete a Tough Mudder
- Find the woman of my dreams and marry her.